Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ellie's Birthday Songs 2005 and 2006



There are so many new things that I want to post but just don't have on my home computer yet. I recently discovered some old recordings that my friend Czahr and I made back in the early 90s, but I have to convert the original 4-track cassette mixes to a computer friendly format. Ambition Recliner, my new project with Czahr and Kemmer, has about 10 songs that will be posted once they are in a more finished state. The Danforths are almost done with "Amphibian," but I dare not leak any actual tracks from that yet. Sugoi! has been working on new material and have started to make some really awesome room recordings that should be postable soon. I'm even going to jam on the bass with a sweet local band, so if that works out I'll have some completely different music to share as well. But for now, none of it is on my computer.

What I do have are the first 2 birthday songs I recorded for my wife Ellie. A few posts back, I put up the most recent birthday song I made for her, so I figure I might as well share the preceding installments. Mind you, these are songs for my wife, so lyrically they may come off a bit cheesy or trite. These are love songs of course, which is not my specialty. Mr. Christopher Danforth was instrumental in the creation of these tunes. Those of you who are familiar with his work will no doubt be able to pick out his contributions. I recommend listening through headphones to get the full effect.

The top mp3 player is the 2006 song. The bottom one is the 2005 song. I hope you like them.

No comments: