Sunday, March 9, 2008

Genesis Climber


This is one of my favorite songs of Czahr's. It's called Genesis Climber, and we recorded a rough take of it one night a few months back. Like most of the initial Ambition Recliner songs, we sat down and recorded it and kept whatever we recorded. The purpose was to get the idea recorded in order to further elaborate at a later time. Anyway, Czahr intended this to be a song for the acoustic guitar but was never satisfied with how it sounded. He put a capo on an electric bass, started playing, and I thought it was perfect on that instrument. I have a really sketchy trumpet part, which is the reason I haven't posted thsi song yet, but I guess "fuck it." Nobody reads this blog besides sympathetic friends anyway . . . right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's a very good song. i enjoyed it quite a lot.