Monday, March 10, 2008

Like Birds That Fly - Ambition Recliner



During the first weeks of Ambition Recliner, Czahr and I would go down to the practice space and not leave without having a song recorded. Mind you, we weren't striving for perfection by any means. Our goal was (and I guess still to some degree is) to capture an idea with fairly minimal elaboration.

This song, "Like Birds That Fly," was one of the first things we recorded. We incorporated the shitty old organ that we have at our practice space and a trumpet part. I had just gotten a trumpet around the time that we recorded this song. It had been about 14 years since I had played one, so needless to say my "chops" were very rusty. We also recorded Czahr singing through our crappy P.A. system, which resulted in an odd vocal quality. It's not a very technically appealing recording, but, as is often my purpose, this is meant simply to preserve the idea for future elaboration and express a base idea. Anyway, I hope you like the tune.

No comments: